Almatica (“Almatica” and/or “Company” and/or “we” and/or “us,” and/or “our”) views privacy as an important part of the way we do business, and we want you continue to trust us with your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes how and what personal information we collect, hold, use and disclose when you visit our website, when you send us your resume by means of the website or have any kind of interaction with us (including to report side effects or adverse events), the conditions under which we may disclose the personal information and the manner in which we safely keep such personal information.
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice, need to access the policy in an alternative format due to a disability, or if you would like to access, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us at: 1-844-889-8686 (option 5), by email at USPrivacy@alvogen.com, or at https://alvogen.com/partnerships/contact-us. Almatica will verify your identity using two data points previously provided, or some other identifying information specific to you. Please have this information available so that we can verify your request. You may also authorize an agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long as you provide the authorized agent written permission to request on your behalf, and your authorized agent is able to verify their identity with us.
Obtaining your personal information directly from you
We generally obtain personal information directly from you. By personal information, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person or household, such as a real name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number. When other information is directly associated with personal information, we also may consider that information to be personal information. Information that is aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized will not be considered personal information. Publicly available information that is made available from federal, state, or local government records, also is not personal information.
We obtain personal information from you in the following circumstances:
- We will obtain your personal information (such as first name, last name, e-mail address, CV or resume, and other materials) if you wish to be an Almatica employee and, thus, fill out the “Contact Us” form on our website or otherwise submit your personal information to us directly or via a third-party (such as Indeed or LinkedIn).
- If you want to report a side effect or adverse event, we will obtain personal information (including medical information) that you submit. Since, at Almatica, we take the safety of our patients and consumers very seriously, it is vital for us to continuously monitor the safety of our products or of the products distributed by us. By hearing about your experiences and others like you, we are able to offer the best possible advice to those using Almatica products or those products that are distributed by Almatica.
We may obtain the following information about you:
- Your name, contact information (postal address, email, telephone number), organization, occupation;
- Your capacity in the report (namely the person who is reporting the issue) and your qualification (if you are a healthcare professional);
- The initials of the person who experienced the possible side effect (which may be you) and/or other identifiers, such as date of birth, date of death, height, weight, age / group of age, gender, gestational period, and certain medical history;
- A description of the possible side effect itself, such as the signs and symptoms experienced, date the possible side effect started and the result of the possible side effect;
- The name and details of the Almatica product involved (including, for example, the dosage, details of the therapy, and the indication).
- We will obtain personal information you provide to us when you contact us, including for customer service, a medical inquiry, or otherwise (for example, the contents of your contact, including telephone call, your name and contact information, and the nature of your inquiry, and potentially other information relating to your telephone call, request form, or email to us).
- We may obtain personal information from you if you interact with our social media pages (including for example, your username, posts on our pages, likes, or other interactions).
Obtaining your personal information automatically or from other sources
There may be cases where we obtain your personal information from other sources:
- We may obtain your personal information following mergers
- We may receive information about you as a result of another person reporting your Almatica side effect or adverse event. In this case, we will consider that you authorized the disclosure of your personal information; the section above describes the types of personal information collected in such instance.
How we use your personal information
Depending on our relationship, we use your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice to:
- Evaluate your candidacy, if you have applied for a job with us;
- Provide customer or technical support, and respond to communications from you;
- Measure and improve our products and services, including with respect to the safety of our patients, consumers, and products, and provide advice to those using Almatica products or those products that are distributed by Almatica;
- Provide, administer, and utilize our websites;
- Report side effect or adverse effect information to relevant authorities and third parties;
- Anonymize or otherwise protect your data;
- Use otherwise as requested or permitted by you; or
- Comply with legal requirements, or assert or defend a potential or actual legal claim.
How we share your information
Almatica does not sell your personal information to third parties, and will not sell your personal information to third parties. We may, at times, disclose personal information we collect to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates, for example, for the safety of our products. You can view a list of all the Alvogen affiliates operating this website at this address: https://www.alvogen.com/offices;
- Third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, including third party service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (for example, IT partners, auditors or legal consultants);
- With other persons, at your request;
- With regulatory agencies (for example, if you report a potential side effect or adverse effect, we may report your name, age, and gender, if you have provided that information to us directly, or your initials, age, and gender, if reported by a third party);
- With third party partners, with whom we have a safety data exchange agreement in order to limit their use of the data to perform specific purposes identified in the agreement (specifically, we may provide name, age, and gender of individuals reporting an adverse effect to partners on certain products).
Security of your personal information
Almatica processes personal information in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal information, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using reasonable technical and organizational measures.
With regards to your personal information you may have the following rights:
- right of access—twice in a 12-month period, free of charge—to the 12-month period prior to the request, the categories and specific pieces of personal information Almatica has collected about the user, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business purpose for collecting the personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom Almatica shares personal information; and,
- right to delete, meaning the right to erase personal information under certain circumstances.
Almatica does not discriminate against our users and clients on the basis of their exercising any of these rights.
You may exercise these rights by sending a request:
- by e-mail: at USPrivacy@alvogen.com; or
- by toll-free number, at: 1-844-889-8686 (option 5); or
- at https://alvogen.com/partnerships/contact-us
Almatica will verify your identity using two data points previously provided, or some other identifying information specific to you. Please have this information available so that we can verify your request. You may also authorize an agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long as you provide the authorized agent written permission to request on your behalf, and your authorized agent is able to verify their identity with us.
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice, or need to access the policy in an alternative format due to a disability, please also contact us using the information above.
Links to other sites
Our web sites may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personal information.
Changes to privacy notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this page, without prior notice. However, processing of your personal information shall follow the directions notified within the applicable Privacy Notice, in effect upon the collection date.
Last updated on December 16, 2019